Also, HELL NO Bernadette was not cuter, or prettier then Kirsten. So Kirsten was a Bully, no right to Justify Bernadettes actions. To much detailed stuff if you ask me. Orinda, with a population of about 17,500, lies just thirty-three minutes from downtown San Francisco by Bay Area Rapid Transit. Bernadette had jealousy issues. Move on. Stuck up she was, no Bully. Thats a much more obvious motive. Still wasnt right. Lot of weirdos on this thread. I believe the conversation was very bizarre to, about desperation of a friendship. That dont Justify Murder. I have been watching The Cheerleader Murder on my iPhone for a few years now, and one of the lines was, Bernadette was part of the in crowd, but she didnt see it! So sad her life was shortened. She is still notorious for her heinous act of murdering a young girl named Kirsten Marina Costas in 1984. Although his first name is not known publicly, Angelas husband is a member of the Tomanka ethnic group and works as a marketing product manager. This is Berns BFF Ill bet. Even a Mother of one of her friends said, Kirsten was like a Puppy and hugged people,,not exclusive and liked everyone. Kirsten, who appeared tense but not terrified, said, My friend got weird on me. She asked to call home. Trouble for or Stealing maybe we could look past that. I just hear she stays mostly to herself and dont see much of former classmates. I hardly knew this girl. Was Kirsten and her friends a lot of fun to hang with, and did they party? She and her BFF were both Odd. Kirsten always showed off her cheers, she was proud. I had to deal with people like Kirsten in high school. How so? I dont think she intended to kill Kirsten, I believe she was desperate for a friendship and pushed to hard at it, and when she realized she made a fool out of herself, to became to much for her to handle and she did the (unthinkable). Kirsten was almost identical to that, no like Tori Spelling. When Berit said yes, the caller replied that someone would pick Kirsten up by car, and that no one else should know of the plans. We all make remarks to people as teens even the best of people, were not perfect, but no right to Murder and it dont Justify Murder. I agree with Miss Kiwi, I believe Bernadette was dangerously obsessed with Kirsten. Landscape Suicide 1986 is the closest after Bernadettes interview with the Police it shows it. so dont mock, offer to help thus build bridges. Kirsten loved to joke and tell funny jokes to. After the fight between the girls, Costas hurried away and told Mary Jane Arnold and Alex that her buddy had started acting strange. Because Costas was unable to get in touch with her parents at the foundation, Alex Arnold drove her home while keeping an eye on the Pinto that belonged to the Protti family. Did Kirsten deserve to die over it. Mats Above a girl is dead, as a result from the girl who had a Sweet Melancholy. Bernadette was prettier. As for knowing her Personally I didnt, I know someone who did, she was Bubbly and full of Jokes and Laughs. I just read on You tube on her recipe Video where she is sick now. Bernadette was nice to, but she had hidden obsessions. I am really stunned that she only spent 8 years in jail. Your email address will not be published. Sometimes she could come off the wrong way, but if someone rubbed her the wrong way, she would let them know. And for the love of Pete, its would HAVE, should HAVE, and could HAVE. Kirsten May of had moments and been a Stuck up person, but that dont Justify murdering her. To a degree Bernadette struggled harder than most of her friends, she wasnt as Popular as they were and was a little of an Outcast, but Tolerated. Wouldnt she have something smaller, like a paring knife? [3] The Costases' neighbors called an ambulance, but Kirsten was mortally wounded and died at a nearby hospital. Living in orinda back in the 80s&90s was no easy task if you indidnt wear the right clothes or drive the nice brand new car you wernt shit . Yes its ok to talk, but run it into the ground, it gets old after awhile. Did you know the 2 Accussed? Please make an appointment with your councilor at school and discuss this with him or her One person said Missy was mean and a bully and she bullied them bad well that person and you are the same, Justifying Murder cause someone was mean, or Stuck up. Its sad, but when all is said and done its not worth it. When Angela cleans off the knife with which she stabbed Stacy, she does so by running it under water and wiping it with a towel, leaving both her and Stacy's DNA all over it, the towel and in the drain. That other gal said Kirsten was Sweet that knew her. RELATED: 90210's Tori Spelling Can't Be on Real Housewives Because She's 'Too Nice'. The most obviously jealous studentor the quiet good girl no one would ever suspect? Ms Bunch and McDonald (proving I knew them) were not mean like that just self absorbed. Kids no one wants to be around, play alone at recess, those are the kind we avoided. You Mats that knows Kirsten, why was she so Mean? Lets make it a great Memorial for Kirsten. Angela Delvecchio's Rating . The case is extremely old now. No one have to take the greatest gift God gives,LIFE. She only had Certain friends. Facebook gives people the. Neither does a lot of former classmates. Select this result to view Angela E Delvecchio's phone number, address, and more. And if Kirsten was so bad and such a bully why did Bernadette want to be friends with her so badly? Killed a girl because you were jealous? Those who say Kirsten was a Mean Girl clearly didnt know her, or she didnt like them with (good Reasons). Kirsten she had her moments there was a few she didnt like, as I said, it was ones that no one else liked. Also there Was another girl who went out with the football team and accused them all of raping her, not the entire team, but several players and I hear she was ran out as well and dogged by the Students. That was 36 years ago, and the Memory still lingers on. You are full of it. There were more than just Joanna that were singled out at Miramonte, I read other stuff there were quite a few that felt like they werent socially accepted. I personally beleive Kirsten could be a smart aleck to those she didnt like, but remember most teenage girls are. That part of LPs life is over with I guess. Youre the same one I bet. Give me an example. John Grisham, Kirsten was nothing like Tori Spelling at all. Probably chubby ugly girls who were bullied as kids. If it was national news, I missed it. Youre either Bernadette or her Sister, or a Close friend like Berns BFF. That Saturday evening, Kirstens parents and brother left to attend a potluck dinner for Peters Little League team. Angela Delvecchio-Hall is on Facebook. Kirsten would probaly still be today to if she was still alive. So RuPaul,Kelly and Sarah, you all need to get facts before you say Kirsten got what she deserved. She should of told the truth and met Kirsten at the house and talked there with her parents present. Yes. But they never said! Did you ever think that she would not want to try to defend herself in court with letting out the terrible things Kristen said to her and how she berated her and others because she was sorry and she felt as though that would only add insult to injury to Kristens family? Menu. I think the outcast girls there would say Kirsten was a (bully) chaise no one liked them, and they would say that. She was also shown to be a self-centered and cruel bully, with her main target for harassment being Goth student Monica Whitley. She would have seen Kirstens parents and brother crying anguished tears of unfathomable sorrow and would have seen the inconsolable grief and despair etched into their faces, and she had the unconscionable gall to not only attend Kirstens funeral knowing she was responsible for putting Kirsten in her coffin, but also had the cold nerve to be in the presence of and be able to look at Kirstens family whose sadness and grief would have been heart wrenchingly palpable, which she knew she was responsible for. Bernadette was just as nice as we were on swim team together growing up. We bought a do up property. Upper middle class at least. University of Michigan School of Nursing. Some 86 graduate girls felt ridiculed and belittled by them as well as I did and others. Shes no better than you. Talking peoples business again, McDonald may not like her name being used. Check your Stories and facts before you post Nonsense. Kirsten didnt like some of those people cause they rubbed her the wrong way and acted Stupid around her, she definately wasnt down with Stupidity. If every teen girl was to be murdered due to bullying and being Stuck up, and also Loose with boys then we wouldnt have any teen,girls at all. In the meantime, the girl driving the Pinto had quickly parked and slid out of her own car. What teen isnt? We had our own group, and we didnt really talk much to them, (other than hello) Some of those kids there that were misfits, hate to tell you, some of them werent Angels They dressed rough and acted (Bad) and cussed. Angela Delvecchio is a family nurse practitioner in Bar Harbor, Maine. I read alot om her to. Maybe Snooty, but no Bully. After she married, her name changed again to Jeanette Tomanka and she and her husband, as well as their child, moved to Oregon. Who cant see that part? On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Actress: Rocky Mountain Oysters. I think Miramonte was like any School, you have your cliques and picks. My friend loved her and said she was one that you couldnt help but love even though she could be cocky. When no one there answered the phone, Alexander Arnold offered to drive her back to a neighbors house in Orinda. Im embarrassed for her. I have to agree some, I was there, Kirsten was Cocky at times, no means a Bully just self absorbed. I hear Bernadette was Snooty also as Snooty as Kirsten. Kirsten was mostly nice to Everyone, so she had a few people she didnt like, we all have. Mats you knew Kirsten? Defining Feature: Klutzy, younger sister of Tony who is also an Italian mobster stereotype. Paris Mahone, did you even know Kirsten? No such articles exist about anything you have described. You call the pic of her double chin better looking? Protti didnt get a short sentence because she claimed to have been picked on. It was full of middle class and upper- middle class families. Call Angela S Delvecchio on phone number (207) 288-5119 for more information and advice or to book an appointment. Kirsten wasnt a bully. It also tends to victimize blonds! She was full of life. I never saw her actually bully and some said they cant picture Kirsten ever being unkind Kirsten was loved by many very many. The alternate title for this psychological thriller is Death of a Cheerleader (which is, perhaps, more to the point and more of a draw for those viewers still bitter because they never made the squad). That leaves only the knife and whether its true or not a witness corroborated the girls account. Kirsten had an Engaging type Personality, that Movie was off, and (Pro Bernadette). Kirsten was, and classmates mostly said she was a free fun spirit with a big heart and love for life. Whoever wrote this article is not being honest. Bernadette is hated to all over so she has answered for it. She didnt like their ways mostly. If Kirsten was so mean, why didnt Bernadette just stay away from her? very sad. Shut up already and get a life. She could have gotten all of her 9 years. The tunehas long been mistaken as a tribute to the Protti/Costas murder case. Protti lured Costas from her home with a false story about a party, to which the wanna-be would give her pretty friend a ride. She was raring to go, ready to start to live her life when it was snuffed out., Everything about her had flair. She slaughtered a girl. Poor bernadette seemed very vulnerable and in need of help. The day after the murder in June 1984, rumors had already spread at the tennis courts, down oak-shaded lanes and at poolside. Or someone who stares at you constantly, you got a problem doing that. They werent socially accepted on account of the choices they made.. Berns BFF chose to support her( that set her apart) In Orinda if you act like a Bad A.. you wont be accepted. She wanted in with Kirsten and she was afraid Kirsten would discuss the conversation, she held her captive till Kirsten escaped. You obviously are very contradicting since from gathering what the Hollywood movie has told you if Kirsten was truly a witch, then, Bernadette was a bigger idiot since she wanted to befriend such a person to begin with. She was released the following year. My kid knows better than to bully others. She had a circle of friends, Kirsten was more popular though. Bernadette Protti is believed to have changed her name, gotten married (causing her last name to change again), and became a nurse and medical journal author in suburban Dallas (Grapevine TX). BTW, Bernadette was not bullied or the lonely girl the movie portrayed her, (she had lots of friends) was popular So you that said Kirsten bullied her, get the facts straight. I hear Kirsten was Cocky and Arrogant, but not any Bully. Nancy and Joanna? Im sure she does, look at her life, and where shes been, and how the media harasses her, not saying she dont deserve it, which she does, but if she is sick, then leave her alone. I know some fragile ppl, and theyd kill themselves before someone else. Just because there was bullying in a fictional movie, doesnt mean the Bernadette was bullied by Kirsten in real life.